Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
As part of Continuous Professional Development, Monica Machado endorses the ITI recommendations on CPD and has achieved the CPD targets for the year 2014/2015. With over 67 hours of CPD for the year, Monica Machado was awarded the ITI’s CPD Achieved logo below. This logo can be found on the home page as well.
Examples of Continuous Professional Development completed for 2014/2015:
- Pro-bono work as part of my Company Social Responsibility (CSR) project – translation of two brochures for a foundation in Angola.
- Webinar – Oil – its origin and use, Shell Film and Video Unit
- Reading a book about Angola culture and geography (À descoberta de Angola) – À Descoberta de Angola, by Joost De Raeymaeker
- Watching a video on transport and trade (containerisation and triple E) by Maersk
- Webinar on terminology lists for finance and business, Level 3 – Claudia Brauer, from Proz
- EU panel discussion on the language show – Are translators equipped for the future?
- Meeting with clients in London and Bristol
- Course on Search Engine Optimisation – at Jarrold Training, Norwich
- ITI East Anglia CPD event on “What happens to the translations once we deliver them to the client” and “Increase of rates, how to deal with it”
- Training on WordPress to manage my website on my own. This was provided by Jarrold Training in Norwich.
For more details on these and on other qualifications please refer to CPD on MONICA’S QUALIFICATIONS.
Comments are closed