Monica Machado, English into Portuguese technical and legal translator, is qualified in ISO 17100:2015
Mónica Machado has a Qualified Status in ISO 17100:2015 since 2018. This is an internationally recognised standard for translation services and was created to respond to the market need for a universally accepted benchmark. It is a process standard and it sets standards for achieving quality by following the translation process steps it defines.
The Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI), in the UK, lists the following as benefits of meeting the ISO 17100:2015 standard:
- Sets you apart from other translators with the recognition that you are working to international standards
- Opportunity to tender for contracts that require adherence to a recognised management system
- Greater confidence for prospective clients that you work to the highest recognised specialist standard
- Evidence you are a professional and forward-thinking translator
According to the ITI, there are 3 steps to becoming fully compliant with ISO 17100:2015:
- Gain Qualified Status
- Provide evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Demonstrate Professional Competences on translation, linguistics, research and processing, cultural, technical and domain
Mónica Machado is an English into European Portuguese translator, specialised in Oil and Gas, Mining and Geology, Environment, Hydroelectric Power, Renewables, HSE, Shipping and Business Legal Areas, working for Portugal and Portuguese-speaking African countries, such as Angola, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique and Sao Tome and Principe.
Comments are closed