Mónica Machado achieves Qualified Status in ISO 17100:2015
In 2018 Mónica Machado achieved Qualified Status in ISO 17100:2015. This is an internationally recognised standard for translation services and was created to respond to the market need for a universally accepted benchmark. It is a process standard and it sets standards for achieving quality by following the translation process steps it defines.
The Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI), in the UK, lists the following as benefits of meeting the ISO 17100:2015 standard:
- Sets you apart from other translators with the recognition that you are working to international standards
- Opportunity to tender for contracts that require adherence to a recognised management system
- Greater confidence for prospective clients that you work to the highest recognised specialist standard
- Evidence you are a professional and forward-thinking translator
According to the ITI, there are 3 steps to becoming fully compliant with ISO 17100:2015:
- Gain Qualified Status
- Provide evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Demonstrate Professional Competences on translation, linguistics, research and processing, cultural, technical and domain
For more on this standard, please visit the ITI website here.
Comments are closed